Reduce your carbon footprint and help 2nd St Neots Scout Group
2nd St Neots Scout Group is raising funds by asking its supporters to recycle cartridges, phones and consumer gadgets.
Your used ink and toner cartridges could raise up to £2.75 each, and phones and unused cartridges up to £50.
We are using a great website called easyfundraising to help raise money for 2nd St Neots Scout Group – simply by shopping online.
easyfundraising turns your everyday online shopping into FREE donations when you use easyfundraising to shop with over 3,500 retailers such as Amazon, eBay, Expedia, Sainsbury’s, John Lewis, Argos, M&S, NEXT and Booking.com. The retailers then make a small donation to say ‘thank you’ and easyfundraising gives those free funds to 2nd St Neots Scout Group.
Please register using this unique link – just search for ‘2nd St Neots Scout Group’ and click ‘support us’ –
Plus, once you’ve signed up and raised £5 in donations, easyfundraising will give us an extra £5 donation.
You can also download the easyfundraising app for iPhone, iPad, and Android and get if you think you might forget to shop each time via easyfundraising then the Donation Reminder will help you. It provides a little reminder every time you shop online.
There’s no catch or hidden charges and 2nd St Neots Scout Group will be really grateful for your donations.
The overall purpose of the GSL role is to manage and support the Scout Group and its Leaders to ensure it runs effectively and that Scouting within the Group develops.
The main tasks that a Group Scout Leader would be asked to do are to:
- Ensure that the Scout Group thrives and has the best systems in place to support adult volunteers and develop the Group including a Group Executive Committee and Section leadership teams.
- Provide line management and support to the Leaders in the Scout Group, including setting objectives for their work and holding regular reviews and one-to-one meetings.
- Ensure that the Scout Group has an adequate team of supported and appropriate adults working effectively together and with others to meet the Scouting needs of the sections and Group.
- Ensure that a challenging, exciting and balanced programme is offered by the Leaders to the young people in the Scout Group.
- Work with the District Commissioner and other Group Scout Leaders in the District to ensure that the District thrives and mutual support exists.
Some of the tasks for which the Group Scout Leader is responsible may be delegated to others in the Group.
Our current GSL (Group Scout Leader) is Daniel Anstee. He is also known as Skip to the majority of the group as he was previously the Scout Section Leader. Dan was instrumental is setting up the 2nd St. Neots Scout Group and in getting us our very own building in the grounds of St. Neots Town Football Club. Dan is very keen to expand the range of activities the Scout Group can deliver and is a regular contributor to the meetings of each Section.